Jivana is an actor and presenter living outside London, England with his gorgeous wife a massive cat, Jaffa. As you will quickly hear in this episode, he loves playing and joking around, and loves delving into the nature of existence, meeting new people and spending time with friends. He also loves Formula One and by putting his peace first has manifested his dream job as a Formula One commentator.
“I feel like understanding the nature of life and nature of reality is the most fun game to play by a long long way and certainly if we’re going to be here, let’s enjoy it – Let’s play!”
- Renouncing Christianity at the age of 8.
- Being fascinated by the question of Why are we Here?
- The first impact meditation had was on his relationship with his wife – she noted that he was more chilled out, relaxed, easier, less judgemental
- Choice – “I could choose where I put my attention, on movement and the constant churning of an ever unsatisfied mind or on the context in which it exists, the still, silence, space from which everything comes.”
- Meditation for his career – battle with money as an actor, sense of lack, living hand to mouth.
- I ask Jivana about Trust- one of my personal challenges – It implies that the universe could get your life wrong in some way, the fact that you have to trust it.
- Jivana talks about the effect his Dad dying had on him
- We talk about the power of the Reset Button and I start dropping F-bomb’s.
“I saw more and more that I didn’t want my happiness to be based on the state of my bank account. More and more I understood what I wanted more from all of the different jobs that I did.”
“Prioritising my peace before anything else is the only thing that’s ever worked.”
“My minds been commentating on my whole life and now I get to commentate on Formula One”
“Nothing that has happened, that has happened to you needs to affect your decisions right now. Always, right now you have a choice.”
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcast – Subscribe here
- Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
- Learn to meditate with Jivana and his amazing wife Micci, who coincidentally is going to be on the show next week. They are teaching a weekend meditation course at their home in Berkhamsted, just north of London from the 6th to 8th of October. You can learn more about the course and sign up by Clicking Here
Free 30-day trial on Audible:
This episode is brought to you by Audible. I have used Audible for years, and I love audiobooks. I have two to recommend:
All you need to do to get your free 3–day Audible trial is visit www.audibletrail.com/lilab. Choose one of the above books, or choose any of the endless options they offer. It’s that easy. Go to www.audibletrail.com/lilab and get started today. Enjoy!
Free Guided Meditation:
If you would like to get started with meditation but you’re not sure how to start, head over to my website at lilab.life and download a free 5-minute guided meditation. It’s called the pink light technique and it’s an amazing resource for improving and healing your relationships with anyone who has hurt you in the past, for anyone you might have a difficult relationship with and for improving the quality of all your relationships. It’s a 5-minute visualisation exercise and after a couple of go’s you won’t even need to listen to me guide you through it – you’ll be able to do it on your own.
So simply head to lilab.life and you’ll find it right there on the homepage.